Discover dynamic education programs and curriculum resources about the history of our city, state, and nation.
TECH COMMONS @ NEW-YORK HISTORICAL
New-York Historical Society’s Teen Programs take place in the Tech Commons @ New-York Historical, a fully equipped digital learning lab and maker space designed for teens.
This dynamic new space is loaded with a full array of digital equipment -- from fun to professional -- to help tomorrow’s leaders explore their imaginations and curiosities.
Some Features and Tools:
- High powered computers and design and production software
- Adobe Creative Cloud
- Virtual Reality (VR) and Augmented Reality (AR) tools
- 3D scanners and printers to recreate and transform collection objects
- Digital cameras, 360 cameras, and video production equipment
- Soundproof recording booth and professional editing software to create audio and video projects
- Geographic information systems (GIS)
To help support the city’s efforts to contain the spread of COVID-19, the Tech Commons is closed until further notice
Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Tech Commons @ New-York Historical was established with lead support from The Thompson Family Foundation. Generous support provided by The Robert K. Steel Family, Manhattan Borough President Gale A. Brewer, New York City Council Member Helen Rosenthal, the Pine Tree Foundation of New York, and Susan Waterfall.